Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Practice! Practice! Practice!!

I am fascinated with the human face- I've always wanted to draw realistic features but just couldn't get it. I would set down and think, ok draw an eye. But, if broken down you don't see JUST an eye. You see circles, angles, squares and lines. I found a tutorial on Pinterest ( Sorry I don't have the link) that shows the eye and steps for drawing one. That is all well and good- the single eye here was drawn from that. The problem lies in the fact that doing two that mirror each other is a horse of a different color! I did it, but not without a headache in the end. My hand, eyes, and brain do not want to work together to do this. I tried, and will keep trying. Next will be the nose- and it is another thing I jsut have never been able to get figured out.

2 comments:

  1. Yoiur eyes are really good. !!There's only one thing that leaps out..there should be an eye's width between the eyes.
    I often make mistakes like this in my work, and it's not until I see a drawing in the mirror, or on a computer screen that I see them. Most artists use a device like this to spot their errors.When you're close to a work you've made you can't see them.
    Keep going..your work is lovely.
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo impressed! GREAT job. I'd love to draw, but just don't seem to have the knack.

    Blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete