Thursday, July 10, 2014

We Were Made to THRIVE!!!

John 10:10 says this
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. God wants us to have MORE! We weren't put here just to survive- we were put here to THRIVE. Just as in the Casting Crowns' song, Thrive... that is it! There is so much more than ordinary lives out there.
     I was taught about God growing up. I went to church with my aunt and uncle and learned about Jesus and what He done for me, for us. I've attended church growing up and have always felt His presence, always known right from wrong (sometimes did things anyway but that is a another story for another day). Until I was around 25 I never knew how much more there was. I was invited to church by my friend, but this was a different church than I'd ever known. I grew up Baptist but this was Pentecostal. I was scared of what I might find because it was so different. I went on the day they had a special speaker. Now, I can't tell you what I had for supper last week but I can tell you all about that day and the man's name ( and I don't remember names - EVER) His name was - and still is- Dane Hall.
     That day impacted my life like no other! I was awakened to something extraordinary! God is more, so much more, than all I was ever taught! He is here! He's with us... every day! Along the way since that day I've had MANY ups and downs, I've chosen the wrong path so many times and I reaped what I sowed more times than I can count. I'd do what I wanted, regardless of the outcome. With that being said, my life has been harder than it had to be. I didn't go to God in prayer to seek His Will in my situations. Now I do. I want that MORE that John speaks of! I want to live MORE ABUNDANTLY!

Matthew 6:33 says But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

 Listen to the words of this song and let is soak into your heart and mind.
 Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment