Friday, May 30, 2014

Here are a few of the things I've been working on lately. I am totally, 100% hooked on joint compound!! I simply LOVE the stuff!! In the pictures here I used it in every project shown.

Photo 1 - on canvas board layers of joint compound ( i mix paint in to color it) layers of paint and book paper. I scratched a flower pattern into the JC when it was starting to set up. After a coat of Modge Podge I gave the flowers some color with FABER- CASTELL Big Brush Pitt Pens. For a finishing touch I added some word stickers from Tim Holtz and gave everything a nice shadowy look with a gray Pitt Pen.

Photo 2- This was a 10X10 canvas class that I taught at our local art studio.The blue pattern is joint compound, we used a vinyl stencil for the lettering and a pieced paper bird. FABER-CASTELL Big Brush Pitt Pens were used to give everything a shadow.

Photo 3- One of my favorite pieces yet- it is a 6X6 canvas painted a yummy orange color with old dictionary papers. I mixed  blue paint with the JC and spread it over the canvas (like spreading on cake icing) letting color and words peek through. 

Photo 4- I painted an 8X10 canvas a pale yellow then mixed some turquoise paint with more JC. I painted yhe JC on in a heart shape.  I dried that layer and painted on another layer of it.  Finished it with a hand drawn word with VERY watered down black paint.

I am about to start a BIG canvas with LOTS of old papers and more joint compound.  Getting so excited to play again!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment